Thursday, February 26, 2009
SICK and SICK again
It has been a long 2 weeks of having this cold that is killing me. I also had a bacterial infection that I could not kick. So I decided to take time off and try to heel. Well I think that I am finally there. The only down fall is that I feel like I am two weeks behind in my training...but I need to get that thought out of my mind, because what would training be like if I was training with a sick and unhealthy body. I think that it is so important to take the rest periods in your training, and my body always seems to let me know when to STOP. I usually don't get sick very often, but I think the combination of local virology and stress from my company going through layoffs is what did me in. So time to put the body bugg back on (not that i should have taken it off because i was sick, but I like to know more what I am burning during workouts). Time to go to the store and get "training food" whole grains & lean meats time to clean out the gym bag and re stock it. Time to look at the calender and see what I can fit in. I have 10 weeks to go until my first race of the new season. Wish me luck and pray for me not to get sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment